Medical Imaging Services
The Cook Hospital Medical Imaging Department uses a wide variety of diagnostic tools to aid our physicians in diagnosing illness and injury.
The Services Available at the Medical Imaging Department Include:
- Digital x-rays using Direct Capture Radiography (DR)
- Spiral multi-slice CT scanner with a spacious opening and rapid scan time technology
- Ultrasound, including General, Vascular, Echocardiography and most OB/GYN services*
- 3D Mammography featuring the Hologic SmartCurve Paddle
- Magnet Resonance Imaging (MRI) mobile service
- Image-guided Pain Injections and Arthrography*
- Bone Densitometry (DEXA) for detecting osteoporosis
- EKG and Cardiac Holter Monitoring
- Teleradiology available for emergency interpretations
* Limited scheduling available on these services.