Medical Imaging Services
The Cook Hospital Medical Imaging Department uses a wide variety of diagnostic tools to aid our physicians in diagnosing illness and injury.
The Services Available at the Medical Imaging Department Include:
- Digital x-rays by computed radiography (CR)
- Spiral multi-slice CT scanner
- Ultrasound, including General, Vascular, Echocardiography and OB/GYN
- Digital Mammography
- Bone Densitometry (DEXA) for detecting osteoporosis
- EKG and Cardiac Holter Monitoring
- Teleradiography available for emergency interpretations
- Imaging guided pain injections
- Magnet Resonance Imaging (MRI) mobile service scheduled weekly
- Nuclear Medicine mobile services scheduled as needed
The Imaging Department also has MRI and Nuclear Medicine Services available on a weekly basis utilizing mobile services.