Patient Financial Services
The Cook Hospital is proud of its mission to provide convenient quality health care and services to all who need it, regardless of our patient’s ability to pay. As a part of our continued services, the Business Office is here to help our patients and their families with insurance and patient billing questions or concerns.
We will process all bills in a timely fashion and will ensure every effort has been made in seeking correct reimbursement from our patient’s insurance plan(s). After all insurance reimbursement has been exhausted there may be an amount remaining in which would then be the patient’s responsibility to pay.
Financial assistance programs and arrangements are available and offered to insured and uninsured patients. If any of our patients and/or their family member(s) are concerned about paying their bill(s) and are interested in applying for assistance, please call 218-666-6204 regarding what documentation is required in determining eligibility.
Beginning January 1, 2019, the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services are requiring hospitals and health systems to post their “current, standard charges.”
- Hospital charges are the amount a hospital bills an insurer for a service. For most patients, hospitals are reimbursed at a level well below charges. Patients covered by commercial insurance products have negotiated rates with hospitals. Patients covered by Medicare or Medicaid programs have hospital reimbursement rates determined by federal and state governments.
- Hospital charges may include bundled procedures, personnel, services and supplies. An example would be room rates that include the space, equipment, nursing personnel and supplies.
- When a patient has the opportunity to shop for medical services, he or she should contact his or her own insurance carrier to understand which costs will be covered and which will be the patient’s responsibility.
- Patients should contact the hospital directly for any further details 218-666-5945.
2018 Hospital Charges. The charges referenced in this document were valid as of 12/26/2018.
All of our patient’s questions and/or concerns will be treated with confidentiality and courtesy.
- Cook Hospital Toll Free – 866-324-5945
- Accounts Receivables (patient balances) – 218-666-6204
- Insurance Billing Inquires – 218-666-6205
- Long Term Care Billing Inquires – 218-666-6215
Office Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.