April is National OT Month!
Occupational Therapy (OT) is a profession that works to empower patients to overcome barriers and adapt to tasks to participate more fully in daily activities. Our occupational therapist, Amy Rice, OTR/L, CLT offers a wide range of services including the following:
- Lymphedema Therapy. Amy has completed required training and is a Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT),
- LSVT BIG®. Amy has attended the LSVT BIG® Training and Certification Course for treatment of individuals with movement disorders related to Parkinson disease,
- Hand/wrist/elbow rehabilitation,
- Pediatric services including behavioral, sensory, and fine motor,
- Cognitive assessments and cognitive training,
- Activities of Daily Living and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living training. This may include dressing, toileting, bathing, medication management, and meal preparation to facilitate and promote independence.
Amy joined the Cook Hospital Team in 2020 after graduating from St. Scholastica with her Master of Science in Occupational Therapy degree. She completed internships in both hand therapy and skilled nursing, working with a wide range of neurologic and orthopedic diagnoses. She enjoys having the opportunity that rural health provides to work with individuals across the lifespan. Since starting at the Cook Hospital, Amy has become a Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT) and LSVT BIG. She is looking forward to continuing her career here at the Cook Hospital and welcomes all new patients.
All new referrals are welcome! For any questions or to setup your appointment with Amy, call the Cook Hospital Rehab Department at 218-666-6225.